Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a coronavirus that harms the respiratory system of the human body. Coronavirus disease originated from the city of Wuhan in China. The virus can be transmitted from one human being to another if the droplets of an infected person through cough, sneeze or from the discharge of nose or mucous comes in contact with a healthy person. Even the virus can spread through hard surfaces or areas where an infected person has touched or traveled certain regions.
Kaintal Prep School, one of the best preparatory schools in Patiala, is sharing six preventive measures that can slow down the transmission of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds regularly or clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes or nose.
- The physical distancing of at least 1 meter between you and the person should be maintained (especially who is coughing or sneezing).
- Cover your mouth and nose with the tissue paper while coughing or sneezing and throw the tissue paper in the dustbin straight away.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell and avoid smoking or other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Avoid unnecessary travel and stay away from large groups of people by practicing physical distancing.
The symptoms of COVID-19 start appearing as soon as 2 days or as long as 14 days during which the virus can start spreading the whole body and can get contagious for others, especially for family members. Staying in self-isolation is the best solution to stop this deadly disease from spreading.
Kaintal Prep School, the best school in Patiala, urges all the parents to take preventive measures at home and encourages them to teach their kids to follow the guidelines for safe and healthy living.